In June I attended the Society of the Cincinnati’s Master Teacher seminar. Part of our work involved writing a lesson plan addressing some of element of the Revolutionary War. Below is a draft. Take a look and give me your feedback.
Lesson Plan – Order and Discipline: Washington’s Great Challenge
- Objectives and sequence
- Excerpt from George Washington: A Biography about his impact on the Revolutionary War along with notes
- Venn diagram for videos
- Video clip – George Washington at Valley Forge
- Video clip – Baron von Steuben Gets Washington’s Army in Fighting Shape
- Selections from The Regulations for the Order and Discipline of the Troops of the United States by Baron von Steuben
- The Continental Army before Valley Forge – Tested Under Fire: The Battle of Kip’s Bay
- The Continental Army after Valley Forge – Intrepidity, Coolness, and Firmness: The Battle of Yorktown
- Excerpts from two letters from General Washington to Major Lansdale
- Checking for comprehension: Online Quiz or Paper Questions.